THINGS I NOTICED IN WHITE RABBIT (JACK CENTRIC)
-Charlie say's he doesn't swim when clearly he does. He not only swam down to the looking glass station but also said he won some sort of award. One of his greatest moments in the episode "Greatest Hits" was his father teaching him to swim.
- The woman who drowned, Johanna, wasn't supposed to be on the plane (going by what Kate tells Jack) maybe the island disposed of her because it wasn't her destiny to be there.
- the scene where Hurley and Charlie are badgering Jack with questions about the water supply really made me love Charlie and Hurley's dynamic. I'm glad that as the show progressed we get to see how close Hurley and Charlie become.
- Sawyer is reading the book "Watership Down"
-Locke says he knows where to look for water. Is this foreshadowing the time travel or does it hint that Locke might not be who we think he is.. or is it nothing lol who knows! I originally thought it was because he was a trained hunter but with Lost anything can be interpreted differently.
- Jack sees Christian in the Jungle and on the opposite side of him there's a white smoke. I never noticed this before but instead of going towards the white smoke, Jack runs towards his father and almost falls off a cliff. Is this our first glimpse of Jacob versus his nemesis/ good vs. evil? Then Locke appears and helps Jack up. If Locke was already taken over by Jacob's nemesis then why would he lead Jack to the cliff as Christian and then save him? Idk but this was the thing that jumped out at me the most in this episode because I never really gave it much thought until this rewatch.
- When Sayid is questioning Sun about where she got the water he says, "She understands me" this foreshadows the fact that Sun actually does speak English.
- This episode marks the first bits of sexual tension between Kate and Sawyer.. YAY!
- First episode with a reference to Alice in Wonderland
- Locke first speaks the words "maybe this all happened for a reason" (or I think it's the first time he says that lol)
- "I looked in the eye of this island and what I saw was beautiful."
- Locke kind of guides Jack on his path of closure with his father. Locke always seems to be the voice of reason for some of the Losties in the first season. Could he be like Abbadon who's job was to get people where they have to go?
- What gave Christian a heart attack? Was it the drinking or something else entirely?
-Christian leads Jack to water and Jack finds a creepy doll in the water (did we ever find out who that belonged to? Was it one of the kids from the tail sections doll?) Jack then finds the empty coffin so was Christian really leading Jack to the water or to the realization that the body was missing from it's coffin?
- Jack delivers his amazingggggg Live together, Die alone speech.. which we all know is refrenced thoughtout the show. Jack is so strong in his conviction how could anyone not look to him as the leader.
Leave him alone. It's been six days and we're all still waiting. Waiting for someone to come. But what if they don't? We have to stop waiting. We need to start figuring things out. A woman died this morning just going for a swim and he tried to save her, and now you're about to crucify him? We can't do this. Everyman for himself is not going to work. It's time to start organizing. We need to figure out how we're going to survive here. Now, I found water. Fresh water, up in the valley. I'll take a group in at first light. If you don't want to go come then find another way to contribute. Last week most of us were strangers, but we're all here now. And god knows how long we're going to be here. But if we can't live together, we're going to die alone.
Well that's all for now.. that was fun lol Rewatching these episodes is like a whole new experience.. It's def keeping me going during this hiatus.